Applicants are invited to apply for Dr. Ursula Mandel Scholarship to conduct doctoral programme in fields related to medicine. The scholarship will cover up to $15,000 which are applied to standard tuition unless the awardees has another tuition-payment source.
The aim of the scholarship is to increase the capacity and level of research.
The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) is a public research university in the Westwood district of Los Angeles, United States. It became the Southern Branch of the University of California.
- Application Deadline: January 17, 2018
- Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue doctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the fields of Life Sciences. Physical Sciences. Health Sciences. Public Health. Nursing. Scientific fields related, allied, or of value to the medical field.
- Scholarship Award: Stipends of up to $15,000 which are applied to standard tuition unless the awardee has another tuition-payment source.
- Nationality: International
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: No citizenship requirements. Also open to registered California AB540 undocumented students. Funding will be provided only if AB131 is still in effect for the duration of the fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be applying to or current doctoral students at UCLA in scientific fields related, allied or of value to the medical field. Applicants must have a doctorate as their current degree objective at UCLA. Must be nominated by their department, IDP or school.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have fluency in English.
- The mode of applying is online.
How to Apply:
- An unofficial copy of your Graduate Transcript with Fall 2018 grades posted. The transcript printed from MyUCLA is acceptable. Do not submit a Degree Progress Report (DPR). If Fall Quarter is your first graduate term at UCLA, please include an unofficial transcript from the last college/university attended even if the last university was UCLA.
- Students who have incomplete grades that remain unresolved (i.e., “I” grades) must provide a statement explaining the reason for the incomplete(s), the steps that will be taken to resolve the incomplete(s) and the timeline for doing so.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of recommendation from the faculty member who will serve as the mentor. The mentor does not have to be from the same department/program as the applicant. o In Step 3 of the online fellowship application process, provide the name and email address of the recommender. The system Graduate Student Financial Support 157 will then send your recommender an email with instructions as to how to submit the letter online as a PDF document. The recommender will not need to email anything to the Student Affairs Officer.
- It will be the student’s responsibility to ensure that the letter has been submitted on time. The online site will provide information about the status of the letter’s upload.
- The letter of recommendation is due on or before the GSRM application deadline. Applications missing the letter of recommendation will not be reviewed.
- The mentor should describe the mentoring relationship and the paper that the student will complete during the summer. If a mentoring relationship has already been established between applicant and faculty member, the letter should distinguish between ongoing and additional mentoring activities that would occur during this period.
- If there is a document that should be in landscape position and it is in portrait position, please rotate it before you upload it.