This study aims to develop and test – in a cluster randomized controlled trial – a household intervention to stimulate HIV competence levels by creating a health-enabling context, and thus optimize the impact of CHW support on individual ART outcomes.
The University of the Western Cape is a public university located in the Bellville suburb of Cape Town, South Africa. The University of the Western Cape has a history of creative struggle against oppression, discrimination and disadvantage.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Public Health.
Scholarship Award: The Scholarship is initially tenable for one year starting latest May 1, 2018, and is valued, tax-free at a minimum of R200,000 per annum. Additional support for research expenses will also be made available to successful candidates. Renewal for a second, third and fourth year will be considered depending on satisfactory academic progress. Candidates will be required to register at UWC.
Number of Scholarships: There are two (2) doctoral scholarships available.
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: South African students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must:
- Have achieved a Masters in any suitable field, such as health or social science (particularly family studies, social work or psychology)
- Have a strong academic record with evidence of research experience and peer-reviewed publications
- Candidates with experience and expertise in quantitative research methods are preferred
- Preference will also be given to South African citizens and Xhosa-speaking candidates.
Applicants should submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae with contact information and certified copies of qualifications (If the highest qualification is not from a South African university then details of SAQA application need to be provided)
- Cover letter indicating why the applicant may be suitable for the position
- Evidence of publication record and writing skills
- Names and contact details of at least three referees
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit their application via email.